Friday, June 12, 2009

EVENT: Tea Habitat 2nd Anniversary Open House Tasting


I've been reading Imen's posts for some time now, and drooling over her list of Dan Cong oolong teas. These are "single-bush" teas, with a very wide array of singular flavors.

Her shop, Tea Habitat, which is located in Palos Verdes, CA (just south of L.A.), is having a 2nd Anniversary Open House Tea Tasting on June 20, from noon to 7:00. There is a 15% off sale for the month of June, which I hope someone out there reading this will take advantage of. Please read this excerpt from Imen's blog:

We have plenty of great teas to try for the day. One special tea I must mention is the mother tree of Ginger Flower Dan Cong. This tea was sold at a whopping $7k price tag a pound. After 2 years of persistent begging, I have a small sample of the 2009 batch. It's merely enough for 2 sessions. We will be tasting that on the 20th. I have not had this tea myself and anxiously waiting for the right gathering to share with tea enthusiasts for a special occasion. :)



Contact information:
TEA HABITAT
21B Peninsula Center
Palos Verdes CA 90274
Ph: 310-921-5282
e-mail: tea@teahabitat.com
We are located inside the arch atrium across from TJmaxx.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to hearing from your forthcoming special occasion. Wish you a great success,

Unknown said...

James: I encourage you to visit the Tea Habitat Web site and their blog, which can be found in the links above. I enjoy Imen's site very much, and only wish I lived near her store.